Medicare Protocols (2 falls in last year or any fall with injury in last year). 3 questions: Have you fallen in last year, do you feel unsteady when walking, do you fear falling? Timed Up and Go; 30 second chair stand; Single leg stance
If positive, physical therapy evaluation and treatment is initiated.
1. Comprehensive Evaluation including all contributory musculoskeletal conditions
2. Assessment for orthostatic hypotension
3. Functional balance testing, recorded as a percentage of disability
4. Bilateral Quads strength, Bilateral Hip Abduction strength
5. Vestibular compromise
1. Quad and hip abductor strengthening to goals (in lbs).
2. Functional balance training
3. Lifestyle / Home training for safety
4. Address contributory biomechanical factors including posture, pain, injury
5. Gait training
6. Core strengthening
7. Vestibular Rehab.
8. General conditioning
1. Complimentary month membership to health club + 2 sessions with our Personal Trainer to commence ongoing comprehensive exercise program.
2. Physical Therapist communicates with Personal Trainer on each patient to ensure safety and efficacy of fitness program.